Field Coordinator for Ethiopia, Norwegian Mission Society (NMS)
The Norwegian Mission Society (NMS) is a Christian organisation based in Norway with the vision of fostering “a living church across the earth.” In collaboration with organizations, churches, and individuals globally, NMS is committed to equipping all to share the faith in Jesus, combat injustice, and eradicate poverty. Additionally, we prioritize the development of responsible leadership within our organisation and among our partner churches and organizations.
NMS has a rich history in Ethiopia, where we’ve been active for over 50 years, primarily in the western regions.
For more information about NMS, visit our website at www.nms.no/english
Placement in the Organisation:
– Department: East Africa
– Line Manager: Regional Director for NMS East Africa
– Workstation: Based in Addis Ababa with routine travel to project sites in Western Ethiopia. Occasional international travel may also be necessary.
1. Oversee the day-to-day operations and management of the office.
2. Manage local staff (HR), including holding regular staff meetings and coordinating team meetings for all employees and volunteers working for NMS in Ethiopia.
3. Act as the NMS representative in Ethiopia, in close coordination with the Regional Director for NMS East Africa.
4. Welcome and assist visitors and NMS personnel traveling within Ethiopia.
5. Actively engage in the development of new and ongoing projects.
6. Provide clear recommendations concerning the implementation and outcomes of projects.
7. Maintain robust communication between NMS and project teams through proper reporting, visits, and the like.
8. Streamline the reporting routines for Team Ethiopia, incorporating both local and international advisors through regular annual cycle meetings.
9. Stay updated on project progress and offer suggestions for project applications.
10. Inform NMS supporters in Norway about our partnerships and activities in Ethiopia.
11. Facilitate training and professional development for local staff in consultation with the Regional Director.
12. Conduct training on cultural sensitivity, intercultural communication, and conflict management specific to the Ethiopian context.
13. Maintain regular communication with the Regional Director and inform about critical issues.
1. Master’s degree in a relevant field such as management, organisational leadership, development studies, or social sciences.
2. A minimum of five years of professional leadership experience.
3. Prior experience in project management.
4. Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to foster a knowledge-sharing and learning culture within the office.
6. Proficient in written and verbal communication in English. Fluency in Amharic is mandatory. Knowledge of another Ethiopian language is a plus.
7. Strong computer skills, including proficiency in word processing and Excel.
8. Ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural setting, showing gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour.
9. Valid driver’s license.
Personal suitability and alignment with NMS values will be strongly emphasized.
Young leaders are encouraged to apply.
1. Professional growth within an international organisation.
2. A dynamic international working environment.
3. Modern offices located in Mekanissa.
4. Permanent employment following a one-year trial period.
How to Apply:
To apply, send your application, CV with references, and scanned supporting documents as a single PDF file to e-mail: email@example.com.
Original documents will be required if you are invited for an interview.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023